Why is the work climate of an organization important to nurse leaders and managers?
Nursing Leadership Assignment Questions Help
Read Chapter 5
The format has to be APA format, 3 references. nO less than 750 words.
1. Describe the organizational characteristics of the facility in which you currently have a clinical assignment. Include the following:
a. Type of organization
b. Overall climate of the facility
c. How the organization is structured
d. Formal and informal goals and processes of the organization
2. Why is the work climate of an organization important to nurse leaders and managers?
3. What are the ways in which a nurse can enhance his or her expertise?
4. Explain “shared governance,” and describe how it can affect the power structure of a health-care organization.
5. Why is it important for staff nurses to understand the culture and real goals of the organization in which they work?
1. Describe your ideal organization. Explain each feature and why you think it is important.
2. Interview one of the staff nurses on your unit. Find out what practices within the organization help to empower the nurses. Compare this list of practices with those discussed in the textbook.
3. Recall the last time you walked into a hospital, clinic, or physician’s office for the first time. What was your first impression? Did you feel comfortable and welcome? Why or why not? If you could change the first impression this facility makes, what would you do?
4-What changes could be made at a very low cost? What changes would be expensive?Finally, discuss why it is important for a health-care facility to make a good first impression
You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized. Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument.