Reflect On Ethics, Values And Beliefs
Reflect on your Ethics, Values and Beliefs, and consider the following questions:
1. Why do you think it is important that you learn about ethics in relation to working within your professions and from other professionals disciplines?
2. What or who has influenced your moral development and/or philosophies in life?
3. Can you identify those who hold different moral views from your own? Who are these people and
what relationship do you have with them? It may help to think about figures in public life who
take particular stances on social issues – these often become political.
4. Do your values change depending on the situation? Think of a scenario from your life or work
when you thought your value position was firm but it changed when confronted by a situation.
5. What ‘value messages’ govern your life now? How have these messages changed over time?
B. Guiding Instructions on Writing: You may use different format as suggested below:
a. Simply answering the question no. 1 to no. 5, but write at least 300 words per each questions.
b. Introduction, Body and Conclusions – (at least 1500 words)
c. Gibbs Reflective Cycle of Writing format below (at least 1500 words)
• Description of the experience (1, 2)
• Feelings and thoughts about the experience (1, 2)
• Evaluation of the experience, both good and bad (3)
• Analysis to make sense of the situation (3)
• Conclusion about what you learned and what you could have done differently (4)
• Action plan for how you would deal with similar situations in the future, or general
changes you might find appropriate. (5)