Follow the discussion questions participation and submission guidelines.
· Follow the 3 x 3 rule: minimum three paragraphs per DQ, with a minimum of three sentences each paragraph.
· All answers or discussions comments submitted must be in APA format according to Publication Manual American Psychological Association (APA) (7th ed.)
· Minimum of two references, not older than 2015.
QD1. Suppose you are going to conduct a study utilizing Qualitative Research Design: which type of research would you use, and which method would you utilize to collect data and select your sample.
QD2. Forty-nine–year-old Frank has been a heavy drinker for the past 25 years. He also has a history of hypertension, hyperlipidemia, and recent upper respiratory viral infection. Frank’s only current medication is Lasix (furosemide) 40 mg od. He presents with severe epigastric pain that radiates to his back and worsens when lying down. His abdomen is distended, and bowel sounds are hypoactive. Frank has a fever and is diaphoretic and hypotensive, and his serum calcium is very low.
1. Frank is being transferred to the ICU. If you were the ICU nurse, what would you have to consider in Frank’s case?
2. What would you expect in the way of treatment modalities for Frank?