Describe the actions taken in response to the ethical dilemma or challenge presented in the case study.
Assignment: Principles Scoring Guide
Discuss the effectiveness of the approach used by the professional related to any problems or issues involving ethical practice in the case.
o Describe the actions taken in response to the ethical dilemma or challenge presented in the case study.
o Summarize how well the professional managed professional responsibilities and priorities to resolve the problem or issue in the case.
o Discuss the key lessons this case provides for health care professionals.
8. Apply ethical principles to a possible solution to the proposed problem or issue from the case study.
o Describe the proposed solution.
o Discuss how the approach makes this professional more effective or less effective in building relationships across disciplines within his or her organization.
o Discuss how likely it is the proposed solution will foster professional collaboration.
9. Write clearly and logically, with correct use of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
o Determine the proper application of the rules of grammar and mechanics.
10. Write using APA style for in-text citations, quotes, and references.
o Determine the proper application of APA formatting requirements and scholarly writing standards.
o Apply the principles of effective composition.
o Integrate information from outside sources into academic writing by appropriately quoting, paraphrasing, and summarizing, following APA style.
Example Assessment: You may use the following to give you an idea of what a Proficient or higher rating on the scoring guide would look like:
· Assessment 1 Example [PDF].
1. Length: At least 3–5 typed, double-spaced pages, not including the title page and reference page.
2. Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
3. APA Template: Use the APA Style Paper Template [DOCX] as the paper format and use the APA Style Paper Tutorial [DOCX] for guidance.
4. Written communication: Use correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
5. References: Integrate information from outside sources to include at least two references (the case study and an academic peer-reviewed journal article) and three in-text citations within the paper.
6. APA format: Follow current APA guidelines for in-text citation of outside sources in the body of your paper and also on the reference page.
Note: Read the Applying Ethical Principles Scoring Guide to fully understand how your paper will be graded.
If you would like assistance in organizing your assessment, or if you simply have a question about your assessment, do not hesitate to ask faculty or the teaching assistants in the NHS Learner Success Lab for guidance and suggestions.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.
© 2014. Grand Canyon University. All Rights Reserved.
You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized. Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument.